How to Apply
The following provides an overview of the application requirements. Refer to the MiLES Program Guidance (PDF), available on the Resources page, for a complete set of requirements and instructions.
It may take 2-3 weeks to complete an application, including all required and supplemental documentation.
Be sure that the answers you provide in your application match your supporting documents. If we find they do not, we will reject your application.
You must submit a legible, complete application—including all supporting documents—by the application deadline.
The next MiLES application period TBD.
A complete MiLES Application Packet consists of:
Provider Application Forms – Part A & B
Provider Application, Part A Form (PDF) Provider Application, Part B Form (PDF)
Provider Application, Part A Instructions Provider Application, Part B Instructions
Proof of Status as a US Citizen/National
Please include a copy of one (1) of the following acceptable documents:
- Birth certificate
- The ID page of a current US passport
- A certificate of citizenship or naturalization
- A copy of a driver's license
- A copy of a Social Security card
Verification of Existing Service Obligation (if applicable)
See instructions for Provider Application, Part A
Your essay—not to exceed 500-words—should include a description of relevant work experiences and/or activities (e.g., community service, research, and internships), which prepared you to work with underserved populations.
Information on the courses you have taken and rotations completed, as well as your academic performance.
Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Relevant work experience;
- Academic/professional achievements; and
- Community/civic or other non-academic achievements.
Recommendation letters (2)
Two letters of recommendation with detailed descriptions of your:
- Performance in school;
- Education/work achievements;
- Community/civic or other non-academic achievements;
- Ability to work and communicate constructively with others from diverse backgrounds;
- Interest in and commitment to a career in primary care and service to underserved populations and communities.
All documents should be mailed together in a single envelope to the address below. Please check that your application package is complete and legible. Applicants should keep a copy of the completed application packet for their records.
Mail your complete application package to:
Michigan Health Council
2121 University Park Dr., Suite 150
Okemos, MI 48864